MC/EM7455

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sat Oct 7 21:49:05 UTC 2017

Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> writes:

> Not unheard of.  The Pantech UML290 (QMI-based Verizon LTE USB dongle)
> had a firmware update that changed the USB interface subclass at one
> point.  Which required a driver change.  Thanks Pantech!

Yes, sure.  But I haven't heard of anything like that with Sierra
Wireless modems.  What I have heard was a few complaints about the
Windows driver (or driver setup - not sure about the details) changing
the configuration to MBIM by default.  But this turned out to be
controlled by a command line option, so it wasn't that bad after all.