Probles with a Sierra Wireless MC7430

Erik Kazandjian erik.kazandjian at accelleran.com
Fri Oct 13 13:30:57 UTC 2017

Hi,

We have several MC 7430 modems here but one modem is only appearing with
on device. I mean all of them create 2 devices /dev/cdc-wdm0 and
/dev/cdc-wdm1. If that is the case I can upgrade their firmware with
qmi-firmware-upgrade. For the one board only 1 device is created
/dev/cdc-wdm0 and I can not communicate with it. Everty qmi command
times out with the following error

qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --dms-get-hardware-revision
error: couldn't create client for the 'dms' service: CID allocation
failed in the CTL client: Transaction timed out

Does anyone has any experience with this kind of error or am I facing a
hardware failure ?

BR

Erik