MC7304 takes minutes to get IP address with DHCP

Paul Loberg pallo+libqmi at fourc.eu
Thu Oct 26 09:37:48 UTC 2017

Hi Dan.

I did try parsing the output from qmicli -d $DEV
--wds-get-current-settings, but was unable to pass any traffic through the
interface so I suspect the modem is actually not fully online. (I used the
shell code from the patch here:
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/0003-Added-STATIC_IP-option-to-configure-non-DHCP-network.patch?h=libqmi-qmi-over-mbim-netctl
)

Yesterday I also tested with the Gobi drivers from Sierra Wireless and they
behave exactly the same way, taking forever to get an IP, so now I'm
waiting for support from them.

Thanks,

 -- Paul