Sierra Wireless WP7607 module

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed Aug 29 11:31:50 UTC 2018

"Nicolas.serafini" <nicolas.serafini at pm.me> writes:

> Thank you very much, it works perfectly now.

Thanks for confirming.  Then we know that we have to come up with
something.

I have been wondering about this:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/drivers/net/usb/qmi_wwan.c?id=102cd909635612c0be784a519651954a7924c786

Haven't heard any complaints yet.  The plan is to push this into stable
branches now, or as soon as I get around to it.  If that goes well, then
maybe we should try to make it uncondidtional for every modem?

I don't remeber the exact details why I didn't to that from the
beginning.  But I am sure one part of that decision was the bogus
assumption that we could simply use USB3 support as a general trigger.
If I had known that would fail, then I would probably have spent more
time testing older modems with this quirk enabled.