EM7565 firmware updates

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Mar 8 15:46:24 UTC 2018

Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> writes:
> Reinhard Speyerer <rspmn at arcor.de> writes:
>
>> AFAIK MC7xxx_Image_Management is actually an older application which
>> may not have been updated for the EM7565 (yet). Could you please retry
>> with the Firmware_Download sample application from version 04.00.12 of
>> the Linux QMI SDK and see if you get any further?
>
> Yes, I will.

And as expected: It had exactly the same behaviour.  The same XML
transactions followed by 4x2048 bytes of firmware before it stops.

So either I am doing something systematically wrong (which very well
could be), or this isn't completely finished yet.  Which I guess also is
possible, given the fact that they haven't published the firmware for
use with a Linux tool yet.  At least not anywhere I know if.

I noticed one good reason to use Firmware_Download instead of
MC7xxx_Image_Management: it supports slot selection for MC74xx and
newer. So you are right: Firmware_Download is the proper sample
application to use.

But the actual file transfer logic is always the same. Both programs are
only example implementations showing how to use the SDK library, and all
the hard work is done in the library