EM7565 firmware updates

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Mar 9 16:20:52 UTC 2018

Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> writes:

> I wonder if the ZLPs were the missing part in the failed Linux upload?
> There isn't much else different before the transfer is finished.  We
> should be able to support this.  The protocol is pretty simple if this
> is all there is.

Hmm, I'm starting to wonder if this issue has nothing to do with
Linux/Windows or the update applications at all. One notable difference
between my Linux and Windows tests is that I used USB3 on Linux and USB2
on Windows. My Windows test PC is too old to have USB3.

Using an USB2 cable to the Linux host seems to work much better. Did
anyone try an update on Windows using USB3?  The problem could of course
be the host controller and/or Linux xHCD driver. But I do primarily
suspect the modem device controller/driver.  After all, USB3 support in
the bootloader is a recent addition.  Bugs are expected...