Sierra Wireless EM75XX (9x50) support

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Nov 1 18:17:00 UTC 2018

"Hagstrom, Walter" <Walter.Hagstrom at digi.com> writes:

> The new Sierra Wireless EM7511 modems use a Qualcom 9x50 chipset which
>does not work with qmi-firmware-update, it fails with an HDLC framing
>error, the download protocol for the 9x50/9x07 modems has changed, I
>can see in the Sierra Wireless SDK that the code to download to the
>9x50/9x07 modems is quite different (separate functions for each
>chipset).

Yes, see the thread at
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libqmi-devel/2018-March/002779.html

Note in particular what Reinhard points out: it is using a variant of
the "firehose" protocol, for which there are some existing
implementations.

> I am wondering if anyone is updating qmi-firmware-update to support
> the 9x50/9x07 generation of modems?

Not to my knowledge.  But that doesn't exclude the possibility.