ANN: libqmi 1.24.2 released

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Thu Dec 12 09:05:11 UTC 2019

Hey,

This is the first bugfix release in the 1.24.x series, built from the qmi-1-24 branch.

Overview of changes in libqmi 1.24.2

 * libqmi-glib:
   ** message: fixed message creation on big endian systems.
   ** message: added missing services in get_version_introduced_full().
   ** message: updated printable_full() to allow a NULL line_prefix.
   ** device: updated response reception logic to make sure we check the message id before attempting to parse the contents, and if the message id doesn't match we return an early QMI_CORE_ERROR_UNEXPECTED_MESSAGE error.

 * pkgconfig:
   ** Added libmbim dependency in Libs.Private, if built with QMI-over-MBIM support.

 * qmi-proxy:
   ** Updated to always use the realpath of the QMI device file, so that users using different symlinks to the same device file don't get transaction ids mixed up.

 * Several other minor improvements and fixes.

About libqmi:
    http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/libqmi

Download here:
    http://www.freedesktop.org/software/libqmi/libqmi-1.24.2.tar.xz

Verify it:
    $ md5sum libqmi-1.24.2.tar.xz
    e49c419112d708b5301af7ccc2c090ff  libqmi-1.24.2.tar.xz

Please report bugs either to:
    libqmi-devel at lists.freedesktop.org

Or to gitlab:
    https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/libqmi/issues