Support for nbiot and LTE cat-m

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Sat Aug 15 15:53:40 UTC 2020

Hey,

> Is there support fot nbiot and LTE cat-m networks in libqmi? We have the first modems here and I miss the band info.
> What has to be done if it is missing?

We're probably missing translations for TLVs that are specific to those techs.

If you have recent QMI NAS/DMS documentation you could send updates
for the /data/qmi-service-dms.json and /data/qmi-service-nas.json
files including those (if you're allowed to do so).

Otherwise, we can try to reverse engineer those TLVs by looking at the
binary TLV contents. E.g. could you post the output of qmicli
--nas-get-rf-band-info --verbose in these devices?