RFC: JSON support in qmicli

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri Dec 11 11:50:38 UTC 2020

> interesting feature for those who want to use qmi "standalone" with
> their own application.\

Please note that this JSON support is currently auto-generated only
for the QMI messages known to the library, and the qmicli support
needs to be added per-message still.

> Is it planned to be supported also for sending qmi commands?

You mean as providing the JSON input to a qmicli command, so that
libqmi builds the corresponding message TLVs to pass to the modem?
That's not on my plans right now, although I can see it may be useful
in some cases.