Missing NULL checks - qmi-proxy.c

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Tue Dec 29 17:01:08 UTC 2020

On 12/29/20 11:54 AM, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> Hey,
>

>> In the meantime, ModemManager is also crashing, but there's some fixes in latest
>> git that seem relevant.   I'm going to pull that, and then see if I can
>> find the 4th crash in libqmi.
>
> Which are those fixes in MM?

This seems particularly relevant:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/commit/?id=18b72a046e89d00d7e7b9f2d718c43d64e595de0

I've yet to confirm that this is my actual crash though.  But there's
been a great deal of work since the last release.

> Do you have an idea of how this issue happens, like under which
 > circumstances? Is the crash happening when the modem resets itself, or
 > is the crash happening really randomly?

It appears to be a transition case when the modem comes/goes, but I really don't
have anything meaningful to tell you. I don't have enough knowledge of all the
mechanisms.

I'll have another go with valgrind in libqmi, but I'm not optimistic.