wwan0: cannot change a running device

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Feb 25 13:20:38 UTC 2020

Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> writes:

> Hey Bjørn,
>
> Any idea why this could happen?
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/ModemManager/issues/189

Something must be setting the netdev up before MM tries to change it.  I
don't know how to figure out what that can be.

We might consider removing this restriction if it turns out to be a
problem.  I put it there mostly becasue I didn't think it made any sense
to change the framing from one frame to the next.  The connection would
be broken either before or after the change. So I added the "running"
test to make sure userspace and user was aware of that.