qmicli working for EM7455

Brandon Lee blee0518 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 05:40:10 UTC 2020

I am having issues with EM7455.
I used `.rules` to make sure device ATTRs use qmi_wwan driver
it shows in `lsusb -t` that modem is using these drivers.
Running latest firmware update for ATT, and have tried GENERIC

When running `qmi-network /dev/cdc-wdmX start` I get :
```Checking data format with 'qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm2 --wda-get-data-format
'...
error: couldn't create client for the 'wda' service: CID allocation failed
ine CTL client: Transaction timed out
Device link layer protocol not retrieved: WDA unsupported
Starting network with 'qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm2
--wds-start-network=apn='broadd'  --client-no-release-cid '...
error: couldn't create client for the 'wds' service: CID allocation failed
ine CTL client: Transaction timed out
error: network start failed, client not allocated
```

When I try to run Start-network manually, i get this response:
```
error: couldn't create client for the 'wds' service: CID allocation failed
ine CTL client: Transaction timed out
```

If I remove the .rules file from running giving the port mbim_wwan, I have
been able to run `mbim-network /dev/cdc-wdmX start` and get a network start
successfully, but I am not able to get an IP address.
`ifconfig` shows the interface up but does not give it an IP address.

This modem would be the second modem I am running on my Debian device, the
primary(working) one now is MC7455 with qmi and raw-ip.  I am able to get
DHCP address with this modem fine.

I have read that you need to get DHCP address from another source, i am
using systemd-networkd retrieve an IP, just as I do with my MC7455.
Can you help with fixing in either way?