ANN: libqmi 1.25.900 (1.26-rc1) released
aleksander at aleksander.es
Sat May 30 11:07:58 UTC 2020
This is the first release candidate for the next 1.26 stable version. There are important packaging changes involved, so this RC is mainly targeted for downstream package maintainers; please test your packaging updates and report issues, if any found.
The main packaging updates are these:
* GLib/GObject/GIO requirement is now 2.48
* GObject Introspection support (--enable-introspection=yes)
* Build now uses AX_COMPILER_FLAGS, and when building from a git checkout we now require autoconf-archive > 2017.03.21. This dependency isn't required when building from a release tarball.
* When building from a git checkout, beware because --enable-compile-warnings=error is enabled by default, so warnings are treated as errors. This doesn't happen when building from a release tarball.
* The build allows configuring different "collections of messages". By default the "full" collection is used, which is a good default for standard distributions.
* A new QRTR backend (--enable-qrtr=yes) that gets installed along with its own libqrtr-glib library. This is disabled by default as we're not guaranteeing API/ABI stability yet, so I'm not sure I'd suggest it for every distribution out there yet.
Full NEWS update here:
$ sha256sum libqmi-1.25.900.tar.xz
Please report bugs either to:
libqmi-devel at lists.freedesktop.org
Or to gitlab:
More information about the libqmi-devel