QMICLI

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Oct 7 08:27:17 UTC 2020

> before gettin this command
>

> > qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --device-open-"net=net-raw-ip|net-no-qos-header" --wds-start-network="apn=apn.fastweb.it,ip-type=4" --client-no-release-cid
> > root at raspberrypi:/home/pi# Error system command: qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --device-open-"net=net-raw-ip|net-no-qos-header" --wds-start-network="apn=apn.fastweb.it,ip-type=4" --client-no-release-cid
> > error: operation failed: Transaction timed out
> > [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Client ID not released:
> >         Service: 'wds'
> >             CID: '2'
>

> i must check signal strength? or there are a workaround to don't have timeout when there aren't signal?

On low signal quality conditions, it is expected the connection
attempt to take long. You have two options, either only try to connect
with good signal quality, or otherwise try to connect unconditionally
but wait longer for the modem reply so that you don't have the
timeout. The patch I pushed to qmicli will allow you the second way,
but it doesn't mean the connection will be successful after that, it
may still fail, just not with a timeout error reported by qmicli
(maybe with a timeout error reported by the modem itself, who knows).