QMICLI

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Thu Oct 8 09:19:27 UTC 2020

Hey,

> Now the timeout there aren't but i have the following error:
>
> qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 -p --device-open-"net=net-raw-ip|net-no-qos-header" --wds-start-network="apn=apn.fastweb.it,ip-type=4" --client-no-release-cid
> Error system command: qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 -p --device-open-"net=net-raw-ip|net-no-qos-header" --wds-start-network="apn=apn.fastweb.it,ip-type=4" --client-no-release-cid
> error: couldn't start network: QMI protocol error (14): 'CallFailed'
> call end reason (3): generic-no-service
> verbose call end reason (3,2001): [cm] no-service
> [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Client ID not released:
>         Service: 'wds'
>             CID: '1'
>
> It looks like the modem is not registered with any provider.

You said the modem had this problem when in a low coverage area; so it
could really be that you're not registered at all. You can check with
--nas-get-serving-system or --nas-get-system-info which is your
registration status before attempting to launch a new connection
attempt.

> how can i force to try to register again?

The registration logic is maintained by the modem itself; i.e. you
shouldn't need to do anything explicitly. You could try with
--nas-force-network-search but I'm not sure how helpful it is when the
issue is low coverage.