Reliability with Quectel modem

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Thu Sep 3 22:57:46 UTC 2020

On 9/3/20 1:27 PM, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org> writes:
>
>> <<<<<< TLV:
>> <<<<<<   type       = "Model" (0x01)
>> <<<<<<   length     = 8
>> <<<<<<   value      = 45:4D:31:32:2D:41:57:09
>> <<<<<<   translated = EΞE_S%P+Ç
>
> That's weird.  Maybe it's confused by the tab at the end of the string?
> Why is that there, anyway?

I don't know anything about the spec, but I've seen plenty of things like
this before where the manufacturer didn't do things properly and returned
unterminated or improperly terminated strings.   For my purposes, I think
I'm just going to patch it locally to terminate on the tab.  If you guys
have a better fix in future, then by all means.