Try to use Sierra Wireless MC7700 with RaspberryPi4

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Sun Jul 4 21:23:07 UTC 2021

Hey,

As a general rule for future emails to public mailing lists: never send
logs as attached images, as the public search engines won't parse them as
text, and if someone has your very same problem in the future, they won't
be able to find the entry in the public mailing list archives :)

I am using your stuff to get my lte module running on my raspi4.
> Unfortunately, it still fails.
> Since I used the command <qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --dms-swi-set-usb-composition=6>
> I always get <error: couldn't create client for the 'dms' service: CID
> allocation failed in the CTL client: Transaction timed out>. Previously the
> usb composition was set to 14, since that change I don't come back to the
> previous state.
> Ideally I would restore initial state to start from scratch, but I have no
> idea how to proceed.
>
> [image: grafik.png]
>
> [image: grafik.png]
>

> [image: grafik.png]
>
> [image: grafik.png]
> Previously the set (by default) ip was 169.x.x.x.
> [image: grafik.png]
>
> I hope you can help me to solve the issue getting the module running.

Hum; I'm afraid I don't have any idea. Composition #6 is "DM, NMEA, AT,
QMI" and so you should have a valid QMI port where to run the qmicli
command.

Does anyone know what can be done here? @Nick <mips171 at icloud.com> maybe?