Assisted GPS on Sierra Wireless RC7620

Tom Isaacson tom.isaacson at teknique.com
Tue Jul 20 06:54:48 UTC 2021

I've got a Sierra Wireless RC7620 connected to my ARM device running
embedded Linux. I can get the network connected using qmicli but now I
want to use the GPS. I came across an old post that suggested:
    qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --device-open-qmi --loc-start
    qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --device-open-qmi
--loc-follow-gnss-sv-info --loc-follow-nmea
should work, but it doesn't seem to do anything. The first command gives me:
    [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Successfully started location tracking (session id 0)
so I wasn't sure if it should be:
    qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --device-open-qmi --loc-session-id=0
--loc-follow-gnss-sv-info --loc-follow-nmea
but that didn't work either.

How can I:
1. Get a standalone GPS fix.
2. Get an assisted GPS fix with a network connection.

Thanks.

Tom Isaacson