Nas client set preferred network

Teijo Kinnunen teijo.kinnunen at uros.com
Thu Mar 25 08:26:33 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 25.3.2021 2.36, Dan Williams wrote:

>> Is there any way for setup preferred operator or set "network" as
>> forbidden.
>
> I believe you'd have to edit the tables on the SIM that the operator
> programs, which might be overwritten by carrier OTA updates too.

For what it's worth, the functionality to get/set the preferred network
list (PLMNwAcT file on SIM card) is included in the upcoming libqmi
version, currently available only in master branch.

I think this is designed to be user-settable, as there is a dedicated
AT command (AT+CPOL) for manipulating the list. The forbidden PLMN list,
however, is supposed to be normally updated by the modem itself whenever
it is rejected from a network.

BR,

- Teijo