libqmi, LTE RAT link dropout, reconnect, surveillance etc.

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri Apr 15 12:44:16 UTC 2022

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 8:05 PM Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org> wrote:

> On 4/14/22 14:01, Christian Melki wrote:
> .
> >
> > Ok. No problems. I can do a periodic request for packet service status.
> > Do you know if I have to go through a full cycle of everything (tearing
> > down interfaces and up again) or just start a network connection again?
> > The services I'm currently using are on a static IP, so that part is easy.
>
> "It depends". I can tell you that if you're moving between cell sites, you'll
> get new IP settings and have to reapply those. That can even happen sometimes
> on the same cell site.

Yes, Peter's right.

The best way forward is to assume you need to do the full cycle of
anything again, and once the context(s) that you want is(are)
connected, then reconfigure the IP addressing from scratch (either
using DHCP or otherwise manually configuring the settings you get back
from "WDS Get Current Settings". Don't assume anything, even if you
have a fixed IP now, it's not really worth it IMO.