Simple-tester-python cannot find QMI

Aleksander Morgado aleksandermj at chromium.org
Tue Oct 25 13:17:03 UTC 2022

Hey Konstantin,

> I tried resolving my problem with my colleagues but we have no idea what's
> missing here - in short: I have this device that uses a SIM card, want to
> use the python qmi functions, but upon running the simple-tester-python
> file on it (it has python 3 and gobject-introspect, but no GTK* as I don't
> need it for my purposes) I get this:
>

> Checked this *_init*__.py file and there is none there, but there is a
> .pyc version and the readable text there suggests GTK 3.0 is required?
> Is there a way to run libqmi without GTK if that even is the problem as to
> why Namespace Qmi is not available?

There is absolutely no dependency on GTK+, so that is not required.

If the "Namespace Qmi not available" is being reported, I would guess that
either libqmi was built without introspection support, or if you're using
distribution packages maybe the corresponding package wasn't installed?
Looking at the color of that terminal I'm assuming you're using Ubuntu, if
so, do you have the gir1.2-qmi-1.0 package installed?

Cheers!