UIM Card Status indication

Sai Chaitanya msaichaitanya at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 10:43:46 UTC 2023

Hi,

I have a Sierra modem and I am using libqmi to configure/communicate with
the modem over /dev/cdc-wdm0. I want to enable SIM signalling to get
indications when SIM status changes, but I have not been able to get any
notifications from the modem. Not sure if it is a modem issue or something
wrong in my code. Attached is the snapshot of my code. If anyone has any
inputs, kindly share.

Also, if I use qmi_message_uim_get_card_status_output_get_card_status()
explicitly, instead of signalling , I get the correct SIM status. I am
using libqmi version *1.30.8*

Here is how I test.

1. Insert a SIM that has PIN protection enabled
2. Power ON modem, with a
3. Wait for bootup to complete
4. Check SIM status with AT commands
5. Issue SIM PIN to at+cpin
6. Wait to get a notification from the attached code, but I never get
anything even after 1 minute.

Regards,
Sai.