[LGM] LGM 2012: 4 months to go

ale rimoldi a.l.e at ideale.ch
Wed Jan 4 00:52:10 PST 2012

(i've started to write this email a couple of days ago and, now, after
alexandre's email to the create list i feel that it's time to send it!)

dear LGMers,

happy new years everybody!

four months are left before the start of the next LGM in vienna!

first, there is the website problem.
i guess that the reason for the failure is related to the server having
been moved...
somebody will have to look at it... peter, would be the one who has
most chances to get it to work...
and then somebody will have to make sure that a site for 2012 gets
created and published.

but this was not my main concern.
for the first time, we won't have a local organizer for the LGM. my
question is whether we shouldn't have somebody among us "in charge" of
coordinating the efforts.

is anybody volunteering to do it?

personally, i don't have a need to take it on me, but since i'm
currently working 50% and can speak german i could envisage to do it.

generally speaking, it would also be a good idea to know who among us
will have time for the LGM and what he/she thinks he/she could do!
... and, then, eventually look for new people who could help out.

i'm waiting for your thoughts!

have a nice day!
a.l.e