[LGM] Pledgie results [was: LGM-organiser meet in Madrid]

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 08:14:19 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 6:45 PM, S.Kemter wrote:
> Alexandre,
>
> I just wonder what all the points have to do with pledgie campaign ;) Dont
> mix hard to follow ;)

As I mentioned in the mail, getting support is a lot about building
the right kind of expectations. You don't have to believe what I say.
But half of my duties at work are about bringing attention towards the
conferences we organize, I thought I'd share what I know.

> For the pledgie, jonnor made an very important point it's to suspicious like
> its done. It begins with who is "lgm2013", putting my nick there means
> people know clear who is responsible that the money is spent in the right
> way. Second is, and jonnor mentioned is make it very clear for whom its
> spent and what sums.

Yep

> We had last year Inkscape workshops but they was in program of Linuxwochen
> as I thought they would be better there as I submitted entry level
> workshops. If they are wanted I will put one forward next year.

The question is, whether an average Linuxwochen participant is
interested in Inkscape. I don't know how many people visited those
workshops, if the room was full, if people were really interested, or
if they were bored, and so on (another reason for a poll as the source
of actionable information, except it's not 2012 anymore :)). What I do
know is that inkscape-forum.de doesn't seem to mention these
workshops, and to me that sounds like a lost opportunity. I'm also
certain I didn't post announcements of the workshops at inkscape.org.
That the kind of contact with communities I was referring to.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org