[LGM] Direct me to wrap up of previous LGMs, please

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Apr 23 12:33:10 PDT 2013

On 04/23/2013 03:05 PM, Tobias Ellinghaus wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 23. April 2013, 14:29:34 schrub Gregory Pittman:
>> It's also advisable to think in terms of a proposal for 2015. At
>> this stage, something for 2014 would have to be very strong and
>> have compelling reasons to be considered at this very late stage
>> of decision-making.
>
> Excuse me? Leipzig was proposed in the LGM closing discussion, so
> it was brought up as early as possible. And it got way more
> applause than many other proposals during that discussion.

Well, for one thing, decisions are not based on the results of an
applause meter (as Femke mentioned at the time). Secondly, the proper
time to bring up 2014 sites was in 2012 -- there may not be uniform
agreement on this, but for various reasons, it is a sensible approach
we are working toward.

As I say, this doesn't forbid later proposals, but puts a great deal
of stress on the decision-making process, which each year seems to
drag on whenever we don't come to a decision while we're still at LGM.

Greg