[LGM] Please give us a Wiki to organize LGM

Tobias Ellinghaus houz at gmx.de
Wed Dec 4 06:56:47 PST 2013

Am Mittwoch, 4. Dezember 2013, 15:50:12 schrieb Camille Bissuel:
> Hi Tobias,

Hello.

> We discuss that with ale, and the decision was made to use Wordpress as a
> wiki : it have revision features, and if necessary you can publish private
> pages or articles.

I have to disagree. Wordpress is everything but a Wiki and using it as one is
nothing I would do.

> On the infrastructure side, Wordpress need less antispam
> features than a wiki.

A wiki doesn't need any anti-spam measures at all if only registered users can
edit, registration is closed and users have to be added manually. At least
Inkscape uses/used that approach and it works like a charm.

> The "permanent" lgm website is made with Wordpress for the same reason, it
> was a wiki some years ago and we lost it because of spam.

I guess everyone could edit the page? Doesn't matter though, Wordpress is fine
for regular websites.

> The only counterpart is that you need an account on the website. I suppose
> you need one on the 2014 website ?

Probably not, I don't plan to work on the website.

> have a nice day,
> Camille

Tobias