[LGM] [CREATE] Animated gif for LGM

Femke Snelting snelting at collectifs.net
Tue Mar 26 01:26:03 PDT 2013

On 26/03/13 07:50, Carlos López González wrote:
> Hi!
> This year there are several persons attending LGM in the name of Synfig. The Synfig forums is boiling about that and so one of the guys has created a short animation using the LGM logo combined with the Synfig logo and some other sentimental stuff from our community.
>
> http://synfig.org/forums/download/file.php?id=2310
>
> So I'm here to ask if it worth to create something like a endless loop video (gif or whatever needed) with the same concept that we have done for Synfig but for all the participating projects. If the animation is simple (no too many effects) it is possible that we can offer a html5 version of it.
>
> The idea of each animation section is:
> LGM animation + phrase that defines the project + project logo animation
>
> Of course I would like that the animations and timing where little different but that's not an issue.
>
> SVG versions of the logos would help a lot.
>
> Sounds good?
> --

Hello Carlos,

Great to see all that Synfig energy + funny to see the blocks of the LGM logo animated -- It was drawn as an abstract flag and M for meeting :-)

I am cc'in your e-mail to Dani, who is taking care of archiving/streaming at Medialab, because I think ... maybe more than an animation per project, it would be excellent to have some animation to start off each block of talks / to run during breaks?

Do you think that would work? Dani?

In any case, here are fonts, logos and other things used in this years' campaign for LGM that could be useful: http://www.forkable.eu/generators/r+w/o/press/

It could be interesting to include each participating project too, but we'd need to hunt for their svgs. Here's last years list of projects http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2012/projects/ but it needs updating; many new projects participating this year and some on this list have frozen ;-)

best,

Femke