[LGM] announcing meetings and deadlines (Was: announcing LGM 2014?)

Michael Schumacher schumaml at gmx.de
Wed May 22 01:31:00 PDT 2013

"a.l.e" <a.l.e at ideale.ch> wrote:

>hi greg,
>
>> In future, I would think that direct emails to members of the
>> selection committee would be best for various notifications (with
>> copies to the LGM list as desired). It seems we probably need a
>> longer lead time, maybe at least a week, to scheduled meetings.
>
>please, do not do this!

1. choose a calendar provider
2. make everyone subscribe to this calendar
3. schedule meetings there

99. 'no, I don't use calendars!!1!'==no meeting for you, sorry

This is how I handle meetings at work, where 1&2 have been decided for me.

'But I sent you a mail with the details!' has become very rare, people send proper invitations that also show up in the calendar.

--
Regards,
Michael