[LGM] Call for Participation

Øyvind Kolås pippin at gimp.org
Fri Jan 3 04:47:28 PST 2014

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Louis Desjardins
<louis.desjardins at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > One thing that possibly could be done is for whoever has access to the
>> > backend of the sinkhole to make a brief summary of what has been
>> > received thus far; in an attempt to raise awareness for others.
>>
>> The easiest way is to automatically send submitted forms to a given
>> email address. E.g. this list.
>
> If I recall well, it only takes a few minutes to set such notification. The
> panel is in the form. We need an account to access that.

What would we gain from filling up this mailing list with the
submissions? We do not guarantee that the talks are accepted, we do
not know if the submitters are willing to publish their title/synopsis
before the rest of the program/in case the talk is not accepted. It is
12 days until the submission deadline, and then not much time until a
decision on what content to include is made? Why this sudden desire to
complicate the currently established; but not entirely documented
process?

/