[LGM] LGM and FOSS in 2014 - coming of age

Andreas Vox andreas.vox at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 13:54:37 PST 2014

Hi Greg,

Happy New Year to you, too!

I think most of us don't follow an "either with us or against us" approach.
Contacts to the non-Foss world have been amicable in the past, I remember
a talk from the Xara folks and good discussions with Leonhard from Adobe.

Some of us even use MacOSX or Windows computers...

That said, accepting sponsorship from the NSA would send absolutely the wrong signal.
They are not just another project, they are not a normal IT firm, instead they are a
arcano-bizarro-paranoio governmental cluster-fuck. If they approached LGM they'd have a
hidden agenda which would be incompatible with openness or freedom.
Remember their work for NIST and their sponsorship for RSA.

/Andreas