[LGM] [CREATE] Code of Conduct

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Jan 16 17:47:08 PST 2014

On 01/16/2014 04:47 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:
> hi jon,
>
> thanks for researching and for the links!
>
>> http://www.python.org/psf/codeofconduct/
>
> i specially like the python one: short, to the point and throughout
> expressed in positive terms.
>
> for what i'm concerned, we can adopt it, just by replacing python by
> LGM (and some more minor changes...) and then discuss at the LGM itself
> what we can add to make it even more adapted to our meeting (as an
> example by adding a "In case of any problems please get in touch
> with ... or ... by ...").

I think this one is rather too verbose, and comes from the perspective
of Python development.

I like this one better:

https://github.com/python/pycon-code-of-conduct/blob/master/code_of_conduct.md

which I think is easier to adapt and make even shorter:

******* Proposed LGM COC ********************

Code of Conduct for Libre Graphics Meeting 2014

In the spirit of FOSS and the various projects, other groups, and
individuals who support and attend these annual meetings, we want to
continue to enjoy the congenial and considerate atmosphere important to
the exchange of ideas at LGM.

All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience
including people of many different backgrounds and cultures. Please be
considerate of the various sensitivities of all of those who attend.

Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave
professionally.

In case you observe or experience any such negative behavior, you are
encouraged to notify LGM organizers so that appropriate steps can be taken.