[LGM] LGM 2014 website needs love!

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 06:17:38 PST 2014

Hi all,

Our website needs love and care!

1) The content that is actually displayed on the front page belongs in a
secondary level in my view. When we arrive on the site, it seems we are
already in the interior pages. We need to know what LGM is about, where it
takes place, when, who is it for, before we see the "news". Also, the
"About" page has an immense picture of the group in Madrid but we don’t
know that unless we’ve been there.

I understand that the news are promoted by the last date posted but there
must be a way, if we want to keep that structure, to push one post on top
and make it stick there. This post could then be what should appear in the
front page. I don’t have the solution but paths to solution maybe.

2) Submit button of forms is now showing as a floating element in the
template. People won’t find easily that button and won’t be able to
register. The button is now located in the top-right corner while it should
be at the bottom of the form.

3) Notification emails don’t go out.

Can a good soul take care of that?

Thanks!