[LGM] LGM 2015 Sponsorship: Wikimedia PEG

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Apr 13 17:49:16 PDT 2015

On 04/13/2015 03:54 PM, Dave Crossland wrote:

> Hi
>
> Offlist ginger mentioned, regarding LGM 2015 Sponsorship,
>
>     There's the PEG (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG),
>     which has an open submission process. It's been on our radar for a
>     few months, but I think the question of how to mobilize in
>     applying for it has been up in the air.
>

> I wonder if anyone on this list could spare an hour to read the
> requirements and draft a proposal if LGM is eligible? :)

 From what I can tell, LGM should be eligible. However, there is a
distinct process to go through, and I don't think there is sufficient
time before the coming LGM to get this to happen:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Submission_review

This might be worthy of discussion in Toronto, since I think many of the
aspects of the input to them need some discussion.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Proposal_Guidelines

Greg