[LGM] proposals call deadline

ginger coons ginger at adaptstudio.ca
Mon Feb 2 13:31:26 PST 2015

At latest count, we're at around 40 submissions, which is definitely a
little lower than I'd like. So it looks like an extension is in order. New
deadline (which I'll be doing a post about on the website, and which I
encourage everyone to circulate) is the 13th. Hopefully we can bump the
number of submissions up in that time. A version of the call, with the new
date, is below.

/////////////////////////////////////////////

DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 13, 2015

*Libre Graphics Meeting 2015: Beyond The First Decade*

http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2015/call-for-participation/

The tenth annual international Libre Graphics Meeting 2015 will take place
29 April – 2 May 2015 in Toronto, Canada.

This yearly event is an occasion for teams and individual
contributors/artists involved in Libre Graphics to work together, to share
experiences and to hear about new ideas.

By Libre Graphics we mean Free, Libre and Open Source tools for design,
illustration, photography, typography, art, graphics, page  layout,
publishing, cartography, animation, video, interactive media, generative
graphics and visual live-coding. The Libre Graphics Meeting is not just
about software, but extends to standards, file formats and  actual use of
these in creative work.

We are looking for:

* In-depth presentations of Libre Graphics code-contributions
* Showcases of excellent work made using Libre Graphics tools
* New and experimental projects in this area to meet the wider community
* Reports, use-cases, best practices
* Talks that show the accomplishments and strides that Libre Graphics has
made in its first decade and what it can do next

Available formats (times include Q&A):

* Lightning talk (7 minutes, selected at the event unconference style)
* Presentations (20 minutes)
* Entry for State of the Libre Graphics Union (1-2 slides)
* Workshops (1 or 2 hours)*
* Birds Of a Feather (BOF), discussion meetings or Hackathons (2 hrs or
more)

*State of the Libre Graphics Union*

We will kick off the event with a joint session that sums up all  things
that have happened in our wide landscape over the last year.  Instead of
slots in the schedule for general updates on each and every  Libre Graphics
project, we invite you to submit a maximum of two slides,  showcasing new
abilities and/or text enumerating the leaps forward  that your project made.

*Special focus: Beyond The First Decade*

Because 2015 marks the tenth edition of LGM, the focus this year is on the
past and future of Libre Graphics. We have a special interest this year in
projects that show where Libre Graphics has been, what distances it has
travelled, and where it might go in the next ten years. We welcome
submissions representing the broad ecology of Libre Graphics, from
full-fledged software packages, to artist-built scripts, to art and
publications, and even the cultural touchstones and issues present in Libre
Graphics communities. We’re looking for talks, workshops and other events

--
ginger "all-lower-case" coons
adaptstudio.ca
XMPP: ginger at adaptstudio.ca