[LGM] proposals call deadline

ginger coons ginger at adaptstudio.ca
Mon Feb 2 21:53:59 PST 2015

So far, it's a pretty nice mix of submissions. We have lots of content on
type and publishing, some UX stuff, and some proposals detailing projects
where libre graphics workflows have been implemented. Compared to previous
years, the obvious gaps are in: colour management, photography and its
attendant image manipulation tools, 3d graphics, and we're a little short
on video (although there's one relevant proposal). There also isn't much by
way of project updates from the core LGM projects, although that might well
be adequately handled in the "State of Libre Graphics" overview.

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 11:33 PM, Louis Desjardins <
louis.desjardins at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 3:31 PM, ginger coons <ginger at adaptstudio.ca>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> At latest count, we're at around 40 submissions, which is definitely a
>>> little lower than I'd like. So it looks like an extension is in order. New
>>> deadline (which I'll be doing a post about on the website, and which I
>>> encourage everyone to circulate) is the 13th. Hopefully we can bump the
>>> number of submissions up in that time. A version of the call, with the new
>>> date, is below.
>>>

>> Are there any particular areas where we are lighter in submissions than
>> others?  If so, it might help to more proactively reach out to those
>> communities on their forums / mailing lists / secret hideouts.
>>

> Yes, I agree. This approach is concrete and will definitely give a hint to
> some people who might have missed the call. For instance, are there some
> projects that are under-represented?
>
> Louis
>

>> Nate
>>
>> --