[LGM] proposals call deadline

ginger coons ginger at adaptstudio.ca
Tue Feb 3 11:38:11 PST 2015

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 1:24 PM, Øyvind Kolås <pippin at gimp.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine
> <alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 8:53 AM, ginger coons wrote:
> >> There also isn't much by way of project updates from the core LGM
> projects
>
> That has been our intention starting last year..
>
> > Which ones are missing?
>
> With the model we introduced last year with the "State of Libre
> Graphics" overview, not having generic "updates from
> GIMP/krita/inkscape/.." talks – such content belongs to the overview.
> While proposals with focusing on specific a new feature or development
> direction for the usual suspects would be welcome. Note that for what
> we'd consider core LGM projects, having a talk or not should not have
> a bearing on efforts to fund travel; since we want these people and
> projects to be present.

No disagreements from me on any of that. I maybe misspoke when using the
word "updates," because absolutely, I recognize that that's the purpose of
the "State of Libre Graphics." Maybe it would be more appropriate to say
that we have quite a few nice proposals from newer projects and things that
haven't been staples of LGM so far, which is nice. It would also be nice if
there did happen to be any particularly interesting news, new use cases, or
exciting directions from established projects, maybe falling outside the
scope of the "State of." We don't have many of those yet.

-g

> /pippin

ginger "all-lower-case" coons
adaptstudio.ca