[LGM] Update on LGM 2017

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 14:59:56 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Renata Aquino Ribeiro
<raquino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave
>
> Thanks for the interest in this. Indeed it would be great if we could
> have folks from different regions of Brazil participating in LGM17.
> I'm thinking maybe 1 session w/ perspectives of design in Brazil w/ a
> sign up sheet, something like a Google form
> It is likely, however, these folks will need some advance to arrange
> attending the conference. There could be some who work for public
> education (federal unviersities) and getting permission to leave is a
> very bureaucratic process.
> So if we can confirm the dates of the event and if it would be
> possible to put up a sign up sheet in the site would be cool

This year's organizer confirmed the dates as being finale: 20-23 Apr, 2017.

I had to ask them myself a few days ago by email to be sure because I
believe no public announcements has been made so far. And it would be
really helpful to have a new website put up soon too, because more and
more people are wondering and need the time to organize themselves.
But in the time being, the dates can be given since they are
apparently sure things now.

Jehan

> Thanks
>

>> Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 11:48:33 +0100
>> From: Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com>
>> To: "libre-graphics-meeting at lists.freedesktop.org"
>>         <libre-graphics-meeting at lists.freedesktop.org>
>> Subject: Re: [LGM] Update on LGM 2017
>>
>> Hi Renata
>>
>> I'm curious if you have any news about this effort for diverse Brazilian
>> regional representation? :)
>>
>> On 26 September 2016 at 03:20, Renata Aquino Ribeiro <raquino at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Joao and all
>>>
>>> Thanks for the update on LGM2017
>>>
>>> I think it would be interesting to bring folks from other Brazilian
>>> universities who teach/research design w/ free software
>>>
>>> I'd like organize a workshop w/ diverse Brazilian regional representation.
>>> Kind like a showcase of regional projects. I already have Sao Paulo, Parana
>>> and Ceara.
>>>
>>> Hope it helps

>> --
>> Cheers