[LGM] Request For Comments - reorganizing financial tasks for LGM

ale rimoldi ale at graphicslab.org
Tue May 10 16:03:36 UTC 2016

hey
> For some sponsors AQDPLL (with good reason) seem unrelated to LGM when
> the event is not takingplace in Quebec.

can you mention which candidate sponsors had issues with it?

> Having a known external entity/umbrella organization with formal ties
> to LGM handling sponsorship and reimbursement will increase
> transparency and allow a distributed sponsorship team(including Louis)
> to work on fundraising without a single point ofdelay causing attempts
> to actively provide funds to fall between the cracks.

can somebody mention potential sponsor that could improve our financial
situation?

currently, i still don't see who we should ping to get some substantial
founds (except the ones we already had and were fine with the way we
were working).
but, maybe, it's just me...

timely reimbursing the traveling expenses is on the other hand a real
issue for me: we are almost one month after the lgm and before the end
of june all reimbursement should be done. (if we have funds available).

ciao
a.l.e