[LGM] Request For Comments - reorganizing financial tasks for LGM

Simon Budig simon at budig.de
Fri May 20 23:31:47 UTC 2016

Dave Crossland (dave at lab6.com) wrote:
> On 20 May 2016 at 18:47, Simon Budig <simon at budig.de> wrote:
>
> > I wish I could provide some more input on
> > how-to-get-more-money - but I fail at that even on a very local level
> > with our local hackspace
>
> You imply that people who do not pay would be excluded; but what if the
> only difference between paid members of an lgm 'members club' and a
> walk-in-off-the-street is the color of the event t shirt they may obtain?

If this would be the only difference I'd feel ripped of as a paying
member...   :)

Yes, I probably have painted a bit too black picture of the situation.
However, making a distinction between (paying) members and (non-paying)
attendees would still create two classes of people at the conference,
even emphasized explicitely by different t-shirt colors. I don't like
that. I realize that the idea of being peers among each other is a bit
idealistic (we old farts certainly have a different standing than some
newbie with no project to show off), but I think it is an idea worth
pursuing.

Bye,
        Simon
--