[LGM] Request For Comments - reorganizing financial tasks for LGM

Liam R. E. Quin liam at holoweb.net
Sat May 21 17:07:52 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-05-20 at 19:09 -0400, Dave Crossland wrote:
>  what if
> the
> only difference between paid members of an lgm 'members club' and a
> walk-in-off-the-street is the color of the event t shirt they may
> obtain?

Let's not have discrimination based on income levels. People's
contributions don't depend on their ability to pay, on their colour of
socks (if any), on their height or eye colour...

I'm in favour of "supporter" subscriptions, maybe of merchandise like
shirts and pins you can buy at an increased price, but not in favour of
anything that could be taken as suggesting one group is somehow better
than another.

If there's a registered non-profit I can donate myself and will happily
do so (or possibly if it can be a "professional membership fee" - right
now I don't have a legally disposable income but can do business fees).

A driving factor for many in libre graphicsis not only freedom in
various forms but also lower cost and, for many, having a copy of
software that will continue to work even without a Cloud subscription
and not losing access to all of one's work if the cloud goes away and
the glorious Sun of Freedom begins to shine more strongly.

So "no" to coloured badges on uniforms, or differently coloured shirts
or socks, but yes OK to clothing and other items available for purchase
if reasonably inexpensive, and maybe yes to an image & poetry gallery
on lgm.org that might feature "promoted" art, another way to donate?

Liam