[LGM] Video Recording

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 14:57:05 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 2:49 PM, Pat David <patdavid at gmail.com> wrote:
> It might be worth engaging the folks from the CCC Video Operations Center
> for advice/help with video?

Indeed!
I already talked about these guys last year before LGM Rio, and I will
do again. If we want quality videos, we should get the Ccc, fund their
trip and accomodation, and probably also propose them to present their
system in a conference (because that's perfectly in topic with LGM).
As already said last year, they were the most impressive video makers
I ever saw in a conference (GUADEC 2016), with (working) live
streaming, and upload within the hour after every conf to both Youtube
and their own video website. Editing of cameras (basic but for a conf
you don't need more) with talk and presenters names, and event logo
all added live.

If one day, I ever organize the event (in Paris or elsewhere), I would
not even think twice and the first thing I'd do would be to try and
get them to come, all expenses paid.
Now I don't organize LGM 2018 so all I can try is just give you the
advice to do so. :-)

Note that last year, I came in contact with them and ask them already
if they would come to an event outside Germany, if I recall, they said
they never did (I think, or maybe was it only once?) and the main
issue is to bring the material probably. So it is not a 100% sure
thing that they could come to Seville, but it costs nothing to ask at
least.

If you want, I can ask them. They are very easy to contact.
Nevertheless you have to tell me the conditions we want to invite
them. I think if we do, it is only fair that travel and accomodations
be paid to them. I don't want to ask them with any other conditions.

Jehan

> https://c3voc.de
> On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 12:24 PM Frank Trampe <frank.trampe at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> As Dave mentioned in the finance thread, we have the opportunity to
>> acquire significant funding from Google if we can produce and publish video
>> recordings of the conference events. We need to figure out the specifics of
>> how we would deliver such a thing in order to make the commitment.
>>
>> I suppose we ought to get ideas from this year's organizers, past
>> organizers, and people who have worked on the video side and hash something
>> out from that.

> --
> https://patdavid.net
> GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

ZeMarmot open animation film
http://film.zemarmot.net
Patreon: https://patreon.com/zemarmot
Tipeee: https://www.tipeee.com/zemarmot