[LGM] LGM in Europe?

ale rimoldi ale at graphicslab.org
Thu May 4 16:04:07 UTC 2017

hi

On 04/05/17 17:41, Martin Owens wrote:

> Honestly, keep it in Europe. I'm in Boston USA, and while I'd love
> another Canadian (the USA itself being black listed) event, if you
> focus on making a great LGM experience in Europe, then provide a
> template for other LGM activities elsewhere.
>
> There's no reason why an Asian, Afrian or South American versions of
> LGM can't also exist in the same year as Big LGM in Europe, certainly
> if you want to encourage those communities to grow and maybe even have
> a higher developer representation online.
>
> This year for us I think, there wasn't an LGM. And that left us weaker
> I think in Inkscape than if we'd had a Euro-centric LGM. It seems
> unfair, but it doesn't have to be if we can provide support for local
> LGMs.

even if it feels bad to plan the next three lgm in europe, i can only
agree with martin here.

does anybody want to take care of the idea and better link the local
(both regional and topic wise) events with the "main" lgm?

some of the existing events i'm thinking of are:

- fossasia in asia
- the various OSP activities
- grafiklabor in france
- the rmll (graphics track) in france
- opensourcedesign (OSD) meeting in berlin
- OSD and other communities at fosdem
- gnugraf in rio (of course!)

i think that the minimum we can do, is to make those events visible on
each lgm site...

ciao
a.l.e