[LGM] IRC-Meeting - and followups...

Simon Budig simon at budig.de
Thu May 11 20:57:59 UTC 2017

Hi all.

We just had a meeting on IRC and houz has been so kind to put a log
online:

   https://houz.org/LGM/2018/

We have agreed on further monthly IRC meetings: We propose every 2nd
Thursday in the month, 21:00h CEST. Then next IRC-Meeting is on
Thursday, June 8th, 21:00 CEST.

My personal gist from this meeting today is, that we don't have that
much to decide. Saarbrücken has a very solid proposal, is in active
contact with us and would prefer 2019 for hosting LGM.

Frank: Maybe you can try to contact Milan and check if they'd manage a
LGM in 2018? While IMO spring would be preferrable, having it later in
the year seems better than no real-life-LGM at all.

However, should it be not possible for Milan to host a LGM in 2018, we
could try to find a way for a virtual LGM meeting, where we have
smallish groups meeting locally, possibly connected via video/chat
systems.

Bye,
        Simon

--