[LGM] finances

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Nov 18 15:18:01 UTC 2017

On 11/18/2017 10:01 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:
> hi
>
> so, if i understand it correctly, the current status is that we will
> not have any "official" reimbursement of travel costs from the global
> lgm for 2018.
>
> if anybody is not comfortable with this, please step up before the next
> lgm meeting and let us discuss it!
>
> (for reference: it has also been suggested that we should get (and
> help...) the teams to collect their own money).

I think another way to look at this is to try to see it from the
outside. Why would or should some outside organization donate to this
meeting? What's in it for them? We know it doesn't have to be some
monetary return for some corporation, but still, of the various meetings
and organizations that are out there, why donate to LGM?

We have to try to begin to answer this question.

Having said this, I have put out a feeler to Red Hat, and so far the
response has been rather feeble.

Greg