[LGM] finances

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 17:16:24 UTC 2017

> Hi
>
> Who at GNOME Foundation can provide details of their interest in this and
> their overhead charges (if any)?

I just wrote to GNOME to explore that path. I am currently waiting for an
answer. As soon as I get it, I will get back here.

> On Nov 24, 2017 12:00 AM, "Soenke Zehle" <soenke at kein.org> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > the Saarbruecken network that submitted a proposal for 2019 includes a
> non-profit company in charge of the art academy's think tank, transfer and
> training activities. It is financed through overhead charges (which cover
> the cost of handling invoices etc) , but in principle this is an option if
> K8 were already to act as cooperating partner in 2018. Just an idea if
> GNOME falls through.
>
> Thank you Soenke, this seems like a good Plan B to me. If we go that way,
> I wonder that the sponsorship agreement could potentially cover 2018 and
> 2019 LGMs to simplify things and have some continuity.

Yes, agree too that it’s a good plan B.

Let’s keep in mind that both the GNOME or the Saarbruecken network would
only act as SFH (Secure Funds Holder) until everything is settled with SPI
who will in turn take care of the reimbursement process after LGM.

LGM Seville is 26-30 April 2018.

Today is Nov. 24. That’s 5 months ahead of LGM. I believe the SPI way can
be settled within those 5 months.

Louis