[LGM] Reimbursement Tax Treatment

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Wed Nov 29 02:46:21 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-11-28 at 18:48 -0600, Frank Trampe wrote:
> How have we classified reimbursements for tax purposes in past years?

Reimbursements are not normally taxable, because the recipient has
already incurred tax liability on the amount originally paid.

Some organizations don't reimburse sales tax if the recipient shouldn't
have needed to pay it, but I doubt that will apply for LGM (and i've
yet to encounter a government that doesn't like it if you pay too much
sales tax)...

Liam

--
Liam Quin, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
Staff contact for Verifiable Claims WG, SVG WG, XQuery WG

Web slave for http://www.fromoldbooks.org/