[LGM] [CREATE] ORA Bof at LGM 2018

Joao S. O. Bueno gwidion at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 16:05:20 UTC 2018

That is great!

I am really sorry I can't be there (LGM and BoF)  - but if only the
points from 2016 can
be pushed forward, that is already great.
Having a  this proper site for the format itself is awesome.

With the introdution of the new pixel formats in GIMP's XCF, I
perceive even more the need
to definitely evolve .ORA. - among other things, having other image
formats than "png" for layers,
sice those are constrained by 16bpp images.

(On the other hand accepting "TIFF" as layers would defeat the
existence of ORA itself) -
so I hope you can talk about that and come out with a solution (even if its
 a raw float numbers file encoded in separate planes, with the metadata
needed to reasemble it in xml form, in another file (starting with
width and height) )