[LGM] LGM in 2020 and 2019 (for that matter)

Frank Trampe frank.trampe at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 13:03:38 UTC 2018

As somebody who crossed the ocean for this year's event, I can say that it
was completely worth the trip. Without much help, the local team put
together a great combination of physical spaces (some practical, others
dripping with character), technical support, and hospitality.

As long as we have a venue and a few month's notice, our core constituency
show up, and we get great talks and demonstrations. Money and excess
preparation just make it more fun and help better to engage beyond the core.

There are indeed some things that we can do better, as you mention. We have
a lot of good ideas (some agreed every year and never implemented), but
putting them into practice without a central, full-time manager probably
requires some nudging by the community throughout the process. I plan to be
part of that, and I hope that you will be a part of it as well.