[LGM] LGM Committees and Point People

ale rimoldi ale at graphicslab.org
Tue May 1 10:58:12 UTC 2018

hi neil

> > *Global Infrastructure Committee* (Handles the web server.)
> >
> >    - *Ale Rimoldi*
> >    - Neil C. Smith
> >
> > Frank, there should be another name here too?
>
> <waves at Ale> - quick context - I volunteered at the meeting as this
> committee seemed unusually small. :-)  I spent the last 10yrs as a
> consultant building/managing web services for non-profits, from static
> stuff to eCommerce, events listings, etc. Prior to that I worked 5yrs
> in local government leading arts development in Oxford - a usefully
> eclectic background for joining the dots around web infra and org
> needs!  While I'm no longer doing that kind of work, hopefully I can
> volunteer something useful to help out with LGM in this regard.

you're very welcome in the team.

manuel is still keeping an eye on the infrastructure, but i'm indeed a
bit lonely in the committee...

fyi, the information about the infrastructure is summarized in here:

https://github.com/libregraphicsmeeting/infrastructure

we try to put all our notes about the infrastructure in there and i
hope that nothing (important) is missing...

> A potential shorter-term option, although for internal rather than
> external use - in the Apache project I'm on, we use email tags in the
> subject - eg. [infra] [fundraising] we need sponsor info on the
> website.  Useful with email filters to focus on or ignore certain
> things, while on one list, and good with short-term focused projects
> too.

tagging is for sure an option...

but i thought that the committees wanted to give the address to other
people and then read the mails through the list (so that everybody is
informed).

today i'm travelling and having a family day, but i'll look tomorrow
if it is easy to create new email address in the tuxfamily
infrastructure.

ciao
a.l.e

p.s.: a few years ago, we moved to tuxfamily, a community organisation
that is providing internet services to free software projects ans
communities.